Tuesday, May 27, 2008

About me


Thank you for stopping by my personal online journal of Styling, Designing and Home Keeping at my Cottage. I'll start with the fact that "my cottage" is a split level suburban home nestled on the quaint North Shore of Long Island , NY. The only thing that makes it a Cottage, is my Decorating and my love of anything Vintage and Cottagey :).  I try on a seasonal basis to keep the inside and outside of our home in a cottage style, and yet honor the NY coastal island I live on too. I love everything about Martha's Vineyard, Nantucket, and traditional Southampton style.  I like designing in natural tones the older I get, and have just completely re-decorated to suit this simple yet cozy look.

I was an Interior Designer and stylist for over 20 years in the tri-state region here and loved working from home while I raised my children. For a few years I switched over my training and degree as a Designer to doing the same thing in Miniature (1:12 scale) and I will always have a love for designing dollhouses and creating the accessories that filled them!

I've recently put my miniature work on the back burner to start a company with my children called Hampton Ivy. My daughter is a student at a fashion college in NYC , and has been the developer and inspiration for this new chapter in my life. I'm officially the photographer, assistant stylist,  and business manager for this exciting new venture into fashion design which is based on a preppy and classic styled line of fashion accessories.


I'm married and my 3 beautiful children are 29, 23, and 19. And of course I have to include my beautiful Lab Sierra and the sweet but very small Yorkie Levi. I am certainly blessed with the most incredible children and they mean the world to me. They know how passionate I am about them , and they know my creative side too. I'm so proud that each of them has been able to be creative and find passions in life that make them happy and fulfilled !


I also love cooking and entertaining friends... Entertaining is pretty much a favorite of mine, it helps me keep sane between it all ;) I enjoy the Domestic side of life, cooking, even cleaning (lol), being crafty and making things from scratch.   I adore healthy cooking with my daughter and boys too, that to me is pure Bliss! Everyone in the kitchen :)

Welcome to my blog! I hope it brings you some sense of Inspiration and what it's like to be a Designing Mom. And of course mixing in some daily life at my Cottage. Enjoy and Thanks for stopping in!


Hugs,

~ Cynthia ~