Saturday, February 27, 2010

~ Cottage Goodies ~

Hello sweet friends! I hope the week is a cozy and sunny one for you! I have my eyes and thoughts on Spring, despite the refusal of Mother Nature coating us again (!! )with another heap of snow this week, wow! I sure hope she has a beautiful long Spring planned for us as a gift for getting through this long winter! :) I've been busy crafting and decorating and working on some new projects this week, hoping to get myself ahead of the game so that when that first warm day comes, I will be ready to open the windows and enjoy it :) I want to send out a big Thank You to all who visited and left such sweet comments on my last post about my before and afters!! I can't wait to finish many of the last minute details and get the floors re-done before it can be officially off the to-do list :)

Meanwhile , I've updated and added a few new Cottage Goodies to my Etsy store, Cynthia's Cottage Shop ....I've highlighted just a few of them in this post, I hope you enjoy! The basket here was a Vintage picnic basket I came upon at one of those great booths you just want to take every single thing home from. The basket itself is all original and I just adorned the top with some cottage/vintage details.

The paper used on the lid of the basket was a vintage paper with a blue and white gingham pattern, and then set on top were classic lace paper doilies and a Vintage Blueberry pie recipe from the 1950's Pillsbury cookbook. Also added were wooden kitchen spoons and such pretty embellishments from the Martha Stewart's kitchen collection. I love her attention to detail! Then the entire top was coated with a Shellac to seal it all together.
The handles were adorned with a vintage style gross grain ribbon of red and white polka dots, my fav :)

( A close up of the lid is below )

Stop by my Etsy store if you'd like to see more pictures of this or purchase it. I loved it so much I named her "Blueberry Betty Sue" :)

I also found some pretty canvas's and finished them in a soft Robins egg blue and added heart lace paper doilies , and again, vintage inspired kitchen embellishments that spoke of a different era...These are ready to hang in your kitchen and have the prettiest tones and colors for that cottage look. :)

( update: sorry, the ones above are sold out ) I am hoping to make more of these soon though!

Below, I used the same idea and added sweet cupcake and cake embellishments, I think they would go perfect in any kitchen where some whimsy and sweetness is loved :)

I also love cherries and red and white ...so I had to do a mirror with another one of my favorite themes :) The vintage style papers were taken from a kitchen paper book and the mirror corners are hand painted cherries with pretty blue and whites too! I hope you'll stop in and see the rest of my items and find something you love! And thanks to everyone who has already purchased from my little shop, it means to much to me to make things you love!
( update: Mirror below is Sold )

Speaking of Etsy :) I just adore everything there, it's either all hand made or Vintage, my two favorite things! The uniqueness of every item is what makes it all so special! I not only have my little shop, but now it's become the place I look first when I'm looking for almost anything. I came upon this site ( below ) the other day and went ga-ga for her pillows. I had been looking for pillows for the Family room all week and just fell into Heidi Devlin's Store and fell in love :) All of her work is so beautiful and well made and her prices for these style pillows is so fair too! Isn't her work scrumptious!?

I plan on mixing them in with stripe and floral pillows and some of my needle points too... I adore these french inspired designs.. Stop by Heidi's store if you get a chance , she has so many special pillows I think you'll love!

I think between Etsy and Home Goods I have found my favorite pieces :) I started my hunt for pillows at Home Goods actually but everything seemed to be solids and pretty dull colors for Spring , so I walked away from the pillow isle and did what any girl would probably do, lol, I kept hunting for something telling myself that the trip there had to be worth it ... even if I just spent $3.99 , I knew I could walk out of there with something I loved :) Hence , the little bowls below ...

One soft blue

and ....one soft pink stripe

So I got them both and headed home knowing the perfect spot for them :) I actually ended up getting 2 blue and one pink :) The blue ones have little lady bugs and butterflies on them , awwww :)

Now it's time to get back to decorating for the Spring and Summer ahead, I'm keeping it all light and airy and when I'm finished with the Family room and the wood floors are refinished , you all will be the first to know! :)

Just to give you all some hopes of a Spring right around the corner, I've left you some sweet daisies to enjoy !

Have a wonderful week ahead ladies!! and put in a special prayer that these daisies above don't just come from the local grocery store, but our own backyards soon!!

Lots of love and gratitude!

~ Cynthia ~

32 comments:

sweetjeanette said...

I just love everything!!! The picnic basket is adorable, and the cupcake canvas is too cute!

Timi said...

It's all so cute! How is a girl suppose to choose? I love anything red and white so this makes it hard.
Great post!
Timi

Margarita Bloom said...

Everything is soooo pretty and I love those pretty bowls and cupcake embellishments! Cute!! Stay warm in this cold weather! I can't wait for Spring arrive!

Unknown said...

YOU are so crafty! I really like your blog. How creative you are and your taste. Come see my blog.
www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

Julie Harward said...

Hi...I love the picnic basket and all these darling items..love the music here on your blog and the amazes me because on most sites it'd annoying! Come say hi :D

Unknown said...

Cynthia... Such a sweet fresh breath of air. Have a wonderful weekend! Loving it all!

~Liz

Anonymous said...

Hi cynthia, everything is so cute!!I know the snow is really been coming down here in new jersey.Yesterday it snowed two feet here.Have a great weekend...Kathy

Anonymous said...

Ooo! Thanks for all the sweet eye candy, Cynthia! ♥

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

You have been a busy bee Cynthia! I love the picnic basket you did! Just darling!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Pansy Cottage Girl said...

Everything looks so sweet & pretty (and mouse free!) I can picture you on the couch,lol! Thanks for stopping by.
Hugs.

Aunt Ruthie said...

Hi my dear friend Cyn! Thank you darlin' for stopping by and leaving such a sweet note! I too have been so very busy with a project I hope to announce in a couple of months. Between that, my blog and keeping the home fires burning I don't have much time for anything else! I feel bad that I haven't been able to visit my fave blogs as often as I would love to! I sure do love coming over to your place! So homey and inspiring! I'm so glad we are kindred sistas! Bless you honey, and I too am waiting for beautiful spring! Can't wait! Take care sugar, keep in touch when you can!
Hugs!
Ruthann

Just a little something from Judy said...

The picnic basket, the canvas pieces, and the daisies added joy to my day. It is all so beautifully, uniquely, and artisitically created. Really, I appreciate your style and warmth. No wonder you are so busy.

Tracy said...

Oh Cynthia, it is all so cute! Hang in there...the snow will be gone soon :)
Tracy

aimee said...

that is adorable! picnic in sweet cottage style. i bet the food would even taste better. love it! thank you for coming by to visit and have wonderful sunday :)
blessings,
aimee

Simple Home said...

We don't have a Home Goods around here, but I sure wish we did. I see so many wonderful things out there in blog land from that store. I picked up a vintage picnic basket this summer, complete with table setting for two, tablecloth, napkins and a vintage thermos. Everything is red gingham too. Yours looks so pretty!
Blessings,
Marcia

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Just adore the sweet touches you put on the Picnic basket and mirror. Thanks for the link to yours and Heidi's Etsy store. It is the best place to shop and I agree with you about Home Goods. Don't know what I did before I discovered that place. Happy Spring!!

Susan Freeman said...

Such darling things Cynthia! Thanks for stopping by and visiting me recently! Have a happy week.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

FHCS said...

That picnic basket is too cute, Cynthia. I love your updates to your cottage home too, everything is so warm and inviting. It is always such a treat visiting you! I am with you on the etsy, I will be opening an account with the soon in addition to my sale blog. I might be spending what I make there though! I sent you an email a while back regarding a gift certificate you had won for a giveaway for customers of mine...send me an email when you have a moment! Thanks for the eye candy post, stay warm!
Hugs, Dee

Dena said...

Sigh. Soooo pretty. I love everything. :)


Hugs,
Dena

Elyse said...

hi cynthia!

thank you for that cheery image of daisies and the sweet basket. we are all wishing for spring, aren't we?

happy to see you are having so much fun with your etsy shop!

thanks for your sweet comments, as always!

xo
elyse

Old Centennial Farmhouse said...

Gosh, Cynthia, I wish you could come and play here just for a day, I'm sure you'd leave it all sweet and cottagey...so sweet, all the things you've done, especially the picnic basket! Thanks for the spring-y thoughts and pictures!
XOXO
Joni

Ribbonwood Cottage said...

Wow, Cynthia...I love your post. You have such a way with taking pictures! It draws me right in! Love the picnic basket and how you decorated it! Thanks for coming by. I always enjoy seeing what you are working on...very beautiful.
Blessings,
Debbie

Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

It may still be Winter and snowing..but your blog is a breath of Spring. Just beautiful!
Love,
Mona

Mahek said...

hi
Cynthia
I was looking out eagerly for your post... so adorable...
I love the kitchen inspired canvases , so creative..
I really hope i was not so far away and i could actually visit you and buy something from you...
where do you get those kitchen embellishments from?
I loved the look of the heart shaped lace and also the spoon and whisk so cute!!!

GwendolynKay said...

Hi Cynthia,
Love all you have created here and the picnic basket is so charming. Looking forward to more of your before and afters.
Blessings!
Gwen

Anonymous said...

Everything is just so darn cute! Marcia

Bizy Janes said...

Oh dear! I just fell in love with your blog and etsy shop!! :D You are now hearted by Bizy Janes! :D www.bizyjanes.etsy.com

Just LOVE your canvases! Adorable!

~ Heather from Bizy Janes

Betty Jo said...

Oh My! Everything is just gorgeous. My favorite though is the little canvas with the paper heart and aqua bowl vignette. Too cute! Hope you make more of those. ♥

Virginia Sar said...

Hi Cynthia, I love your blog, it´s the first in my list. I live in Argentina,I´m a recently mam and I´m a writer. I always visit your blog! Come see my blog, you are welcome! Sorry by my english.
Hugs!

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Cynthia,

Missed your posts! Love this picnic basket. What pretty bowls you found. I must make a trip to Home Goods. Stay warm!

hugs,
Debbie from NJ

Unknown said...

hola cynthia me gusto mucho tu blog sos una exelente decoradora te felicito .
es curioso ,ustedes esperan la primavera y yo espero el inviernoya que soy de argentina,buenos aires
espero puedas traducir este mensaje o sepas español.gracias por mostrar tantas cosas lindas.saludos

Anonymous said...

Hi cynthia, everything looks so lovely!!! I love the picnic basket......Kathy