Friday, June 3, 2011

~ Miniature and big girl Pantry love ~

HI friends! I usually let a week or so go by before I post again, but I finished a project today and just had to share :) I'm one of those people that wake up at 3am with a creative idea and have to write it down right away. Then I can peacefully go back to rest. This ones been in my head and notes for awhile but I've had custom orders to tend to, so this week I squeezed in some time to finish my Miniature dream Pantry.... It's already been sold and getting ready to be shipped off to it's new home, but it's a favorite of mine. I adore Pantry's with screen doors and I've had a picture of one on my side bar for years, fully intending to fit one into my own "real" kitchen, but it looks like I got to the Mini first :) I hope you enjoy!


I made this hutch/pantry completely from scratch and it was a bit of a challenge but super rewarding once I got to the decorating part. I like to photograph the Miniatures in natural light as it gives them a glow that the real house has and makes them very life like. As I type this on my lap top, {I'm on the deck} the sun is just starting to set and I can see this little Miniature on the shelf inside catching the last warm light and I'm thinking maybe it would be so pretty too, verses the morning light I took these with? But this glass of wine I have next to me refuses to let me go and get up and take new photos :) , so here goes....

I white washed a bit of real screening to add that shabby chic vintage touch....


The morning sun coming up and making it come to life...



A little spoon for a handle... Just like my big girl wish list Pantry had....



Room for freshly made Jams, canned vegetables....


Warm from the oven baked breads and muffins and cookies too :)



A tiny little corn muffin too...



And lots of other little sweets and pretties to bring her to life....





I added a little print to the back wall of the middle shelf, just like I'd want in a real one...



I hand-painted a Miniature Le Creuset dutch oven a pale shabby french blue and added other details to give it that vintage charm I have so come to love....and with a few other touches I was happy and yet sad when she was done. {Yes, I call all my Mini's "she", not sure why, but probably because before they leave my home they are like my little babies } and at the end of the day yesterday she was complete and ready for Etsy. I get attached to them and have a long list of ones to make again for myself, but I know they go to wonderful homes so I'm happy and feel very blessed to do this! I hope you enjoyed my little tour of my Miniature Pantry :)



Here are a few big girl Pantry's that I have on my list to design in Miniature and they are fabulous for big girl homes too :)



{bhg}

And the big girl Pantry of my dreams?? well of course :) Ruthann's from Sugar Pie farmhouse ! Yes Ruthie, I intended to try this one in Mini too :)

But before I do that, I have a pie safe to make in Mini for a customer and I love this pic below, so I immediately wrote down "add bows and ribbon to pies" on my list...so I can sleep and not get up at 3am as often as I do :)

{pinterest}

After the pie safe is complete, I'm so excited about my next Miniature.... Lets just say this picture below was my Inspiration and also a new favorite blog of mine too! If you don't already know the blog "Simply Me", head right over there, what a beautiful home and such gorgeous pages of inspiration too!

Well I'm off to finish my Friday night glass of wine and watch the sunset...all the kids are out and about and this is about as quiet as it gets for now, so I'm going to enjoy :)

With love and friendship,

Cynthia xo

24 comments:

Comeca Jones said...

I love visiting you and seeing all the pretty "little" things they make me smile and because of you I have tiny mini foods and cupcakes that I buy to put in my kitchen window.Its just fun looking at them while cooking and cleaning!

Plushpussycat said...

Your screened pantry is so lovely, as are all the other images. I've never had a pantry but always wanted one. Older houses have such lovely pantries! Thanks for a visual treat!

Rebecca said...

I Heart Pantries! Thanks for sharing. Have a lovely weekend!

Back Porch Blessings,
Rebecca

Flora said...

I love the old food pantries, and you have been able to interpret this piece with usual unique style :-)
Mini hugs, Flora

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie, you know I adore this lil pantry. The details so gorgeous. Also I wish that I had room for a real life pantry!! :o)

Have a lovely weekend, Jannet

Jacqueline said...

Cynthia, I can't tell you enough how gorgeous your creations are. They are truly works of art and beauty. You are such an inspiration. My Dad left me a dolls house cottage kit when he died. When I get around to building it, I will certainly be coming to your shop and blog for supplies and ideas. Amazing!!! Love from Jacqueline xx

Jackie said...

The little pantry is so adorable. I love it and guess from the images there could be more beauties to come. A lovely blog to visit :-)

My Wee Life said...

That little pantry is beautiful :)

Fabiola said...

Fantastic!
Bye Faby

Inês Paiva Raposo said...

Cynthia, a copa ficou linda! Gosto mesmo muito, parabéns!
Beijinhos
Inês

miniacollection said...

Your mini pantry is perfect and I love all the details.
Geneviève

Lisa said...

Cynthia,
Your mini pantry is adorable!!!! I'd love a big one just like it.LOL!

rose cat cottage said...

Hi Cynthia, thanks to share those with us like usually it is delightful and so gorgeous... I will drea about to have such nice thing around in my mini cottage. Doei, claude

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Your little "mini's" are amazing! I also see they sell QUICKLY!!
Deb

Elyse said...

hi cynthia,

i am just tickled over this! it is so enjoyable to watch you becoming the queen of the minis. your work is so sweet and incredibly detailed. like you, i often can't sleep when i have a big idea.

enjoy your wine and bask in the completion of this most amazing project!!!

xo
elyse

ps
M at oc cottage did a big post about you!

NanaDiana said...

Well, I am completely smitten as I always am when I come here. You are just overwhelmingly talented. I know how much you love what you do and it shows through every item you make. xoDiana

Cinderella Moments said...

It looks amazing. I love looking at this little cabinet. Beautiful!

Susan Freeman said...

Oh Cynthia ~ go over to JFK and hop on a plane and come out to Idaho! You have to help me decorate my dollhouse (after I get it built)! Can you believe it's not built yet??? But when it is be prepared to get lots of questions from me. You are my mini guru!! I am in love with that pantry and everything else you create. Quite obviously you have a middle of the night muse and she is a gem!!

Lots of love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

sweet violets said...

Your work is adorable and sooooo precious!!! What a gift you have!!! I also dream of a pantry with a screen door, and sometimes would also hang a lace curtain across it......hugs...cleo

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Oh my goodness, girly! I think that this is the cutest mini pantry I have ever seen. You should be so proud of yourself as your work is nothing but PERFECTION!!

Enjoy your wine!

xxoo
Becky

busyascanbe said...

Its perfect! I would love one that clean...LOL. I can't believe how cute your miniatures are!

Unknown said...

Dear Cynthia... you are so very talented! I adore every little thing, and you've inspired a pantry idea for my big farmgirl heart in this post!
Thank you!
Deb

ebru said...

This must be magic!

Alba said...

It's really beautiful!