Tuesday, September 6, 2011

~ Labors of Love ~

HI Everyone! Today is what I always call my first day of Fall, I know it's not official, but my youngest is off to 11th grade today... my sweet Melanie... and the first day of school is always my season marker :) So of course I'm going to share Fall inspired miniatures with you. It's a favorite time of year for so many and myself included! I love cozy days just like today... the cooler air, the delicious home baked scents, the warm colors and crispy evenings! It's just fabulous :) I'm a day late for a Labor Day post , but these were my labors of love last week .... I hope you are all having a wonderful day and taking time to light a little candle, have some tea, and pamper yourself with the goodness of home and cozy inspiration!

My new Butter Cream yellow Baking Hutch...

Filled with fresh baked golden brown sweetness and cherries...

{ I love the butter yellow with tiny red cherries} and an apple tart too :)


There's even a little bowl of bread dough rising in the cupboard...Just like mine :)




I also put together another cozy cottage piece last week... A baker's rack... filled with kitchen comfort foods and pretty accents...




And what Fall day would be complete without Deep Dish Apple Pie? ;)

Or cherry turnovers?

I found this sweet market basket at my local dollhouse shop, but I know I'll be making these myself in every color , they look super easy, so that's on to-do list :) I love this photo below and it gives me a good idea for my next girls night, luncheon or casual dinner party. Pretty pastries in a market basket, how cute?!

Thank you for stopping in and joining me for a few moments :) I am so appreciative of all your visits and friendship, they really mean the world to me!

I'm excited for the few more "free" hours I'll be gaining now that we adhere to some sort of schedule and the kids are back in school.... so my first objective is to get back to commenting and visiting you all, along with more mini making and getting my own home all ready for the change of seasons! I also have a little surprise coming up soon I cannot wait to tell you about, but for now , I have to keep hush. I know, I'm a tease, sorry :) But SOON!

Have a great week friends!

Hugs, Cynthia xo

25 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

I always look forward to your posts, Cynthia! Your scenes look so cozy and comfortable, and everything looks so tasty! Funny, I just wrote about blog friendships on my blog too! :-)

NanaDiana said...

You ARE a tease, Cynthia! And..you're an eye teaser too with all your wonderfully wrought items. You do such a great job with miniatures...I have never seen anyone so talented in all things small! xo Diana

Maria Ireland said...

Your miniatures always look so real. I can almost smell the bread and apple pie mmmmm :) I love your blog its always so gorgeous. Hugs Maria

Bobbi Jo Nichols said...

Those are so sweet! Great pictures I could just jump in and eat some of those they look so real. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

Unknown said...

Deliziose realizzazioni come sempre..
Buonissime le figureei dolci raffigurati, molto buoni. Bye

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those little fried pies are just the cutest! I'm going to leave your post open to show my hubby your cute creations! ♥

Anonymous said...

So real they look like you can just pick them up!!
I am having a Halloween Giveaway... Come on over!!
Marilyn

Miss Janice said...

Gorgeous! It's all eye candy and I so enjoy looking at your fabulous vignettes:)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

My husband DID sit down and looked at each photo! He was amazed! He even went to ETSY to look! You are so talented, my friend! ♥

Patty said...

Cynthis, I love the new cupboard and all of your "Fall" goodies! It is one of my favorite seasons too!

Eliana said...

Amazing!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

You amaze me Cynthia! I LOVE your work. You are so very talented! Everything is so sweet & cozy! Can I come for tea?

Hugs,
Maryjane
xox

miniacollection said...

It makes me want to be in autumn, a season I like very much. Beautiful miniatures!
Geneviève

Mondodifavola said...

Hi Cynthia!

my name is Elena.I discovered your blog a few time ago. I think you do beautiful things: so romantic, so pink, so...unique!

I would like to invite you participating my 350 Followers' Giveaway...come visit my blog!

Little Kisses,
Elena (aka Mondodifavola)

Norma Bennett said...

What yummy little delights! It's spring down here in the Southern Hemisphere so while you are thinking of baked goods we're thinking picnics in the park and surviving a hot summer :)

Kleine Vingers said...

Looking at the fabulous pictures around lunchtime is not a good idea. it makes me even more hungry...especially for the delightfull sweet pies, and cakes...mmmm mouthwatering...
Miniature greetings

Katrina said...

Your minis looks very real. I have much to learn of you. I like your colors and expecially scenes. Have a nice weekend Kati

Susan said...

Absolutely delighted in seeing your creations. Loved them. Susan from writingstraightfromtheheart.blogspot.com

busyascanbe said...

Its always an amazing adventure to stop by. I can't believe what you come up with.
Debbie

Kimberly said...

Well as you know Cyn I love your pretties and I would absolutely love to win your Adorable stand with all the treats on it. Ihave collected so many of your minies, and Im so addicted. You do such beautiful work Im sure I cansay that for many of your followers. So Wish me luck I have never won anything before. So I will keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for all your talent.
Kimberly Burgess
Seattle, Wa.

Kimberly said...

Hello Cyn here I am a second time letting you know I have putt your link on my fb page. So Im hoping that will help in getting others to see your beautiful sight. As I have said many times I am in love with all your minis. Your an awesome talented person, and I m proud to say your as sweet as pie too seriously! Thank you so much.
Blessings.
Kimberly Burgess,
Seattle, Wa.

MossyRose said...

Hi Cyn!

You were the one to inspire me to get into dollhouses. Every time I looked at all your sweet minis I knew I just had to have myself a house that one day I could put your pretties in there. You are truly a wonderful artist and by far I love your minis the most! :)
Hugs,
Shelly

MossyRose said...

I posted a link to your beautiful site on my facebook page. Thank you for this awesome giveaway! My fingers, toes, arms and legs are crossed that I win! LOL
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Cynthia I just love your items! Congrats to making it on the cover! Hope to get some of your items for my house.

Annesphamily said...

Beautiful! I am amazed at your talent here. Thank you for sharing. Anne