Friday, June 8, 2012

~ Tuscan Dreams ~


As Julia says, find something you're passionate about and keep interested! Well that isn't hard for me to do :) I'm passionate about miniatures, cooking, entertaining, and I've always been passionate about Italy. I'm part Italian and cooking is just in my veins. So I suppose it was natural that other than Summer Rose's "Eastern Long Island/Nantucket/Summer home feel" and inspiration; My next miniature home would be from Tuscany. My daughter just returned from Italy and after going through her pictures I knew I wanted to do a miniature Tuscan kitchen. Sooo, the process has begun :)

The kitchen will be fairly large, with a patio attached , perfect for dining alfresco and another chance to design a second eating area in one space. When I was a designer, the rule I had was that before designing and building a space, we have to see how we want to "live" in it. So first you gather all that you "want and wished for" in the space. ...It's only after we are surrounded by the necessities and our loved items, that the walls get built. So that's how I'm designing this space too. I haven't come up with a name yet, but I'm busy cooking, baking and collecting to pull together the look I want. So come for a quick peek at some of my inspirations and pieces so far. As a side note, I only work on one project in my mini world at a time, that way it has all my passion and focus. So I'll be busy this week making skirted counters, painting walls, faux finishing furniture, baking Tuscan minis, building stone floors, buying special pieces etc. And I'll love every minute of it :) I'll be showing the progress here over the next few weeks! I hope you enjoy! Happy Summer!


Gathering items I love....


Dreaming of beautiful back drops and practically smelling the warm Tuscan breeze on the patio...



Such a beautiful place......



I've collected some items I love and made an abundance of fruits and vegetables this week and some delicious fresh homemade pastas too :)


I'm gathering ideas for the patio side view of the house and this is exactly how I'd like it to look..



I've played with a few vignettes to see what colors I'd like for the kitchen , using natural items like the food and accessories to be my guide ...



Warm tones and bold colors will help make this Italian countryside kitchen feel relaxing and well loved...


So that's a little sneak peek at what I have been up to and what I'm working on now :) Once the building starts, I'll take you through the process with me! I'm hoping to start that portion of it this weekend and I'm super excited! It'll be fun to take you on the journey with me too :)


Before I sign off today , here's a few little shabby chic sweet minis I made too....


A little vintage Cake Box and distressed pink items were my design passions for the Etsy shop this week and I'll be making some new items on my days off from kitchen building too :)


I hope you all have a fabulous weekend ahead! And happy almost Summer!

Big hugs and love!

Cynthia xo

Some items I didn't make, they were collected from the following favorite miniaturists:
A Musing Miniatures, Bagusitaly, Carol Cook, Lugartpetit, and bread boxes and pots were from TYA kitchens at
Swan House Miniatures.

16 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

I can't wait to see the whole process. Fascinating. Hugs, Marty

KK said...

Wonderful post - such beautiful miniatures! Can't wait to see your project develop! :) x

newmexico009 said...

Cynthia,

Your blog and posts always bring a BIG SMILE to my face. We take a journey with you each & every step, I always love to stop by and get my happy!!

This will be a wonderful treat to watch the steps you take to create this little marvel.

Looking at the pictures, sometimes it is so hard to distinguish, are these "real" size images or miniatures, you always know how to capture it all.

I fell in love with Italy & Tuscany after seeing "Under the Tuscan Sun" and always rent that movie. What a beautiful country.
Somewhere I will travel to. So this reminds me of the splendor that the movie brought me such beauty to remind us all, to stop, take a deep breath and enjoy.

Cannot wait to see your creation come to life.

Have a great weekend

Big Hugs,
Athena

Fabiola said...

Yes, my country is fantastic! I live in Tuscany, one of the most beautiful regions in Italy. I'm happy you love her.
I'm curious to see your project finished.
Bye Faby

cunha said...

so beautiful

Lucille said...

Dear Cynthia, you are just so one of a kind. I received your book and I adore it. I've learned so much from you. After all, you are a designer! I have such respect and admiration for designers. Without you guys, all those wonderful magazines would be impossible.

I also want to thank you for the links at the back of the book. I've already purchased some things from Miniature Maker Supply. I see you've given us more links at the end of this post. That is so useful.

I love your plans for the Tuscan kitchen and I will be hanging on to your every word. Thank you for all the eye candy.Ha ha! I guess I'm a big fan of yours!

Susan Freeman said...

I love that little basket filled with grapes! Everything you make is so charming. How did you learn to do all of this? Are you completely self taught or did you take any classes? I still want to jump right into Summer Rose Cottage and stay forever!!

Big Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

arlete said...

Eu adoro a sua arte! muita delicada e linda, eu tenho o teu blog na minha lista de favoritos no meu blog

Eliana said...

Wonderful photos as always!

Lisa said...

Great theme! And I love the colors you are working with! Can't wait to see the finished product.:)

Ascension said...

Un fantastico post, me ha encantado cada uno de tus precioso trabajos.
besitos ascension

Rosa said...

OH ! Es un verdadero placer ver estos preciosos trabajos .
Besos

Angela said...

Ciao Cynthia,
bellissime sia le foto che le miniature...
L'Italia, il mio paese, è bellissimo ci sono dei posti che ti lasciano a bocca aperta...e la Toscana è uno di questi...
Io ho vissuto 1 mese a Siena in mezzo alle colline con i cipressi...incantevole...sembrava di essere in una cartolina!
Io sono di Torino meravigliosa città in stile liberty dove hanno vissuto i Savoia...
ma quello che amo di più è la cucina...
un grande bacio
Angelina

miniacollection said...

I'm looking forward to seeing the process of this beautiful project. What you have already gathered is wonderful.
Geneviève

María José- LugArt petit said...

Your work is always adorable! And pictures! You have a marvelous hands!
Many kisses

Unknown said...

Love this mediterrain inspiration,great taste you have,want to see more!