Thursday, August 9, 2012

~ Its the simple small things ~



Hello sweet friends! I have a little photo tour for you today...Put some relaxing music on, grab something wonderful to drink and come on in for a cool escape...

I love being domestic at home, and sometimes what seems a chore to others, is to me, a welcome retreat of puttering. My favorite time to putter is after the house has been all cleaned. I light a little lilac scented candle and start walking around... fluffing beds, straightening pillows, rearrange little corners, adding fresh cut flowers to vases, and then taking little things out my hutches and hand washing them till the glass , china and pottery sparkle. These days are precious to me. It's my quiet time...Those days always end with me baking or cooking up something delicious like fresh bread, or a simple supper. But I love enjoying the end of that kind of day with company or special night with all the kids home sitting outside on the patio with the water fountain and fire on. That is a day of bliss for me. My other days of bliss include creating miniatures and sitting at my work table with a mind full of ideas and being able to execute them. I have found after doing miniatures for over a year now, that each item I create and collect is a reflection of what I love in my real life. It's such a blessing to be able to create something that I love every day. So on with the pictures.... It's a walk into a favorite day of mine, through the miniature creations and collections I've put together over the last week or so..... I hope you enjoy :)

Waking up under a hand-made quilt and feeling the sun coming through the window is a magical feeling...


and the perfect start to any day....



I collect quilts of all sizes and now have started a miniature quilt collection too..



I love setting a breakfast table with a quilt as a table cloth ... so charming...



And hanging quilts to dry outside is not a chore to me, but instead, as I hang each one , I think how it must have felt when it was one of many chores for the average woman, in a day when there was little time to reflect and enjoy puttering. So I remember how blessed I am...



Is there really anything sweeter than the scent of a fresh washed quilt that comes off the line? I don't think so :)


Oh wait, ....There might be one thing sweeter that I can think of :) And that's a friend who takes the time to hand make you gorgeous miniature quilts when you have no clue how to sew. So to my wonderful and talented friend Diane, thank you from the bottom of my heart!



Puttering and rearranging in the kitchen, is probably my favorite kind of domestic bliss....



Washing the glass canister Jars, arranging cookbooks, lining up new homemade Jams, it's all relaxing to me...



The best part is filling the canisters with fresh baked cookies and treats. Strawberry preserve shortbread cookies are my weakness and after a day of cleaning, that and glass of cold milk is a perfect reward :) I'm a milk and cookie kinda girl :)



I made a few extra ones for you :)



Baking and cooking after a day of puttering is to me, the icing on the cake....



There's something very calming about icing a cake in a non rushed fashion, in a very clean house, that just makes me smile :)


Or making special sweets for the company that is coming later...


That's how I love to spend the "perfect day"....


So after all the simple small things are done, I can set a buffet table, sit back and know I had a productive , wonderful day....


The scent of bread baking is another simple perfect thing to me.....I might even like that better than cakes baking :) What about you? What's your favorite cooking or baking scent?


Well all the chores are done and my girlfriends are on their way, and I couldn't be happier :)



Now I just look around and make sure my puttering is complete, finish setting the tables and wait for the fun to begin....




I hope you are all finding your "perfect days" this summer! Thank you for coming along on mine. That means so much to me!! Till next time....

Big Hugs and Kisses!

Cynthia xo

ps: The beautiful hutch/cabinet shown in the background of the baking scenes was beautifully made by the super talented and great friend of mine , Maritza Moran. If you don't already know her miniature creations and design, you must stop in, it's all so stunning and magical! I love you M!! xox! The beautiful quilts were made as I stated before by my friend Diane. We are all trying to convince her to open an Etsy shop, so when she does, you'll all be the first to know :) Thank you Diane!!

14 comments:

elvira said...

Ciao!!! Le tue miniature sono un sogno!!! Sono innamorata da sempre delle tue mini creazioni!!! Sei bravissima ...un giorno mi piacerebbe essere almeno un goccino brava come te :) !!!
Baci
Elvira

Anonymous said...

I am blown away, Cyndie! Thank you for featuring my quilts!
Hugs...Diane

Coquelux said...

Son perfectas, me encantan.

Plushpussycat said...

Gorgeous quilts and scenes, Cynthia! BTW, thank you for the tip about Facebook and looking there for announcements about new items in your shop. I recently cancelled my Facebook account, so that isn't an option for me, but I will keep trying my luck at "stalking" your Etsy shop in my free time! :-) Thanks again! xo Jennifer

NanaDiana said...

Thank you for inviting me into your magical wee world for an little while. I an always amazed and in awe of all you make and do here- Blessings- xo Diana

Rosa said...

Como me gusta el aroma de la ropa recien lavada y del pan y los pasteles recien horneados .
Que cosas tan maravillosas haces .
Besos

La casa de Elisa said...

fantastica tu entrada...fantasticas las colchas soy aficionada y hecho alguna y se lo complicado que es hacerlas en miniatura felicito a tu amiga ¡
besos Elena

ebru said...

Those mini quilts are just unbelievable!!! Diane please please please open an etsy shop! Cynthia as always your taste is what makes everything so wonderful on your mini scenes :) I wish I weren't on the other side of the world and you could decorate my home :) I love the scent of cinnamon in the kitchen and anywhere else, I am a cinnamon fan :) And please please please could you give the recipe for real life strawberry preserve shortbread, it sounds heavenly! Regards,Ebru

Anonymous said...

Ahhh.... these pictures...
And Diane's miniature quilts are too gorgeous! Thanks for the tour.

Daniela - L' Atelier di Daniela said...

No comment for your creations...they're as a dream!!! BRAVISSIMA!!! :)

Val said...

Do I spy a miniature version of Susan Branch's sweet Heart of the Home book? :) This is all so wonderful!

temari by the sea said...

Everything is so wonderful! I Love Love Love it all!

Carey said...

Love the mini quilts. I have tried making them myself but they never look quite right. Your photos are beautiful. Hope all is well. It is getting nice and cool on Long Island now, perfect baking weather.

Hugs,
Carey

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous quilts and such a lovely selection if sweets!