Sunday, November 14, 2010

~ A weekend with Magic ~

I hope you are all enjoying a nice relaxing weekend... I know I am and did, so I thought I'd share a bit of mine. The picture above is of a new canister set I made, simple and vintage style and pretty for my dollhouse...

My weekend started with a pre-holiday gathering of girlfriends Friday night. So as I waited for their arrival, I snapped a pic with my Iphone ( excuse the quality ) from the chair I sat in... It was a cozy , simple, nice time with friends...

Then Saturday I worked on the dollhouse a bit. I took a handmade vintage lace hankie I had from my Mom and used the delicate flow and intricate lace work to add a soft flowing look to the bed...

They hang from the ceiling to surround the bed magically and add a touch of romance..

Then I pottered around some more in the dollhouse and made a pot rack for my miniature copper pots...and made a little Bakery sign to add above the Aga stove...

Then I made another sign for the other side of the Pantry area in the miniature kitchen... I adored the pattern and wanted to use it somewhere, so here it went :) It was a quiet Saturday and so nice to do things in a slow fashion, no rushing ...

Then Sunday I woke up and read for a bit and watched the sun slowly warm up the house...
I love getting up before every one else...it's another little piece of magic I cherish...

Then when Melanie my sweet girl woke up, we watched Practical Magic together. How fitting....I love love love this movie....And you all know how incredible that kitchen is, no words are needed except... Gorgeous...



Pure Magic...

I get lost in all the scenes, and as much as the story is intriguing and fun , I watch the Set as much as the characters :)
Well that was my quiet , nice weekend, filled with just enough magic :) ..... I have a feeling the week ahead will be just as magical, that's how life is feeling for now...

I'm off to go put a Peach Pie in the oven.... My Mom is bringing over her homemade Lentil Soup at 4 and she and I and Melanie will eat it in front of maybe yet another good movie....ahhhh, the calm before the holidays should be relished.... :)

I hope you all enjoyed a beautiful weekend, quiet or not :)

Much Love,

Cynthia

27 comments:

Tania said...

Hi Cynthia, I love you little house, the minitures are amazing, and i love the little signs you have made, you are doing an amazing job with it.
take care tina-

Raffaella said...

Hi Cynthia, I would like to have a house like your dollhouse...
Amazing!
Raffaella
http://melogranoantico.blogspot.com

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Your little dollhouse is adorable and it must be fun to work with it! I love the little signs you made! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday! I just got back from a bike ride! It was great! ♥

NanaDiana said...

Cynthia- What a wonderful weekend you had! I wish I could shrink myself down and walk through your doll house. Your minatures are some of the best I have EVER seen. They just make me smile.

Can you believe I have never seen Practical Magic? hmmmm..guess I am gonna have to pick that one up to watch. Hugs- Diana

Hazel said...

Hi,
I just stumbled upon your blog and really enjoy reading it. Practical Magic was one of my favourite movies to watch with my girls on video when they were little. Now it brings back so many fond memories too :)

Zuleide Felisberto said...

oie Cynthia tudo de muito bom gosto!

Gayla said...

I just held my dvd of Practical Magic in my hands this weekend and promised myself a fairy night with it before the holidays. I love it, too.... Your blog is so pretty!

Kit said...

You feel like I feel about the kitchen in the movie, Somethings Gotta Give. I just love it! And the set in the movies of You've Got Mail and Sleepless in Seattle. Glad you are having such a great weekend! Kit

Biljana said...

Amazing, all looks magic, so gorgeous:))
Hugs, Biljana

Salmagundi said...

That little Aga stove is wonderful! I love dollhouses; yours is special because of your creativity. Sally

Norma Bennett said...

The little cannisters are adorable, and what a great idea to cover them with such pretty paper. I unashamedly intend to use that great idea myself!! Promise I'll give credit ;)

Thanks for the recommendation about the movie, I'll have to check it out. I'm on a 3 month break from study now so I can indulge in a little relax time :)

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hi Cynthia,

Love the little dollhouse canisters. Your home looks so warm and inviting. Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Debbie from NJ

Bring Pretty Back said...

Cynthia , That dollhouse is so adorable! DARLING! Would you believe I have never watched that movie! I have no idea why! I need to!
Have a pretty day!
Kristin

Elyse said...

hi cyn,

i am just smitten with your tiny creations! so sweet.

peach pie sounds delicious. i don't think i've ever had that. how nice that your mom is nearby now.

i have also never seen that movie but i did get to hear the author speak a few years ago. i'll have to put it on my movie list!

love your cozy kitchen!

xo
elyse

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

Cynthia, I really enjoyed your post today. It really added some calm to the craziness of my life right now. The picture of you big girl home is so cozy and welcoming for your friends.
You have really made your little girl house look so real. Don't know how you make such tiny things look real.
I haven't seen Practical Magic, but am going to find it and watch. I watch a lot of movies for certain scenes of homes or one recently had a scene in a bakery that I loved.
How blessed to have a quiet evening with your Mom and daughter.
Happy Sunday.

Pamela said...

It DOES sound like a beautiful weekend. I, too, got to spend some of my Saturday with my daughter, Melanie, too. All my weekend was lacking was a peach pie. :-)

Pearl said...

Cynthia your doll house is so incredible I just love it.

Hollace said...

Your weekend sounds so relaxing and pleasurable. The touches to the dollhouse are so tiny and cute! I don't know how you can make such tiny signs so well--no blots or glue gobs anywhere. You must use a magnifying glass.

Chanda said...

Sounds like a beautiful perfect weekend. I just adore your doll house. I had a 2 story once and sold it years agao. Yours makes me wish I'd kept it.

miniacollection said...

I had a nice weekend too since among other things I discovered your blog. I love your style and your miniature scenes.
Geneviève

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Cynthia,
Loved the post. All cozy and warm. Your kitchen and doll house are wonderful!

corners of my life said...

Such a cozy setting for your gathering with friends.

I will add Practical Magic to my must see list.

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Your home is so pretty and so cozy! I know what you mean about relaxing and taking in the precious quiet times when you can. We watched Step Mom yesterday. Of course, it reduced me to a puddle of tears....

So glad to know you are taking time for yourself, Cynthia. Love your little dollhouse.

hugs,
becky

Unknown said...

Oh! I had completely forgotten about this movie... I loved that kitchen the first time I saw it! I have to go find it now. :)

We had a great weekend, hope you did too! :)

~Liz

A Southern Rose said...

Cynthia,
I just loved this post this morning! I got up extra early just to have some alone time this morning and your blog was the first one I went to and seing that you like that special quiet time too made me smile. It's 5:30 here and I got up early to wrap Christmas gifts and blog a little. Your home is always so pretty and your doll house is adorable. Makes me want one! Maybe one day. I love that movie too. I've watched it several times as well and mostly just to see the scenes of the house and flower garden.

Have a beautiful day!

Hugs,
Lee Laurie

Debra Howard said...

How are you my friend? I have been missing you. I have had too many sick people around me lately. Hoping to get back to blogging again. I have been catching up a bit at your blog just now. Beauty everywhere as usual. You inspire me. Blessings to you.
Debbie

Anonymous said...

Rayo de luz yo te invoco para que desentierres a -nombre de la persona- de donde este o con quien este y le hagas llamarme hoy mismo enamorado y arrepentido. Desentierra todo lo que esta impidiendo que -su nombre- venga a mi -nuestro nombre-. Aparta a todos los que contribuyan a que nos apartemos y que el no piense mas en otras mujeres que solo piense en mi -nuestro nombre- Que el me llame y me ame. gracias, gracias por tu misterioso poder que siempre cumple con lo que se le pide.