Thursday, October 11, 2012

What's new? And a big Thank you!


Hello sweet friends! It feels like it's been so long since I've been able to get a post up! I spent most of the last couple months writing the book and then I had to get back to mini making , so it's been awhile! I want to start this post off with a HUGE THANK YOU!!! Thank you so much for purchasing my new cookbook on minis , and for all your emails and compliments too!  I am over the moon happy that you are enjoying it , and I cannot thank you enough for all your support! I appreciate each and every one of you, so much! So Thank you again, from the bottom of my heart!

Ok, now on to this post... Might I first say? I have ZERO clue about this new blogger layout system, yikes! I leave for a few weeks and come back and have NO clue how to do this lol!! My pictures are all messed up and out of order, so I apologize, I have to figure this out so I can dictate the order of the pictures. If anyone knows how to do that, please fill me in! I do like the fact that I can upload the pics all at once, but then I don't know how to get them in order lol. Help! I'm just going to have to deal with it for now, so .....What's new? Well, I have been enjoying the beautiful fall weather and also enjoying the cozy time spent inside creating new miniatures. Fall is by far my favorite season and my brain is on overload with creating new minis and thinking of fun and exciting projects that I'd love to make. There aren't enough hours in the day to create as far as I'm concerned. :) Now that my kids are grown,  and the last one in her senior year, I create lists of what I want to make and design, and then wish for the clock to stop so I can keep going without it!  No such luck :) Anyway, here are some new miniatures I've been baking, creating and designing over the past month. Bare with me though, they are all out of order .... Oh yes , I forgot,  The biggest "new" thing I gave myself this fall was a new printer and you'll have to forgive me lol, I went a little crazy with it :) But it opened up a new world in miniature! I am able to make my mini books super clear, adorn glassware, and even print on fabric too, so I having so much fun! I have always looked for milk bottles with vintage labels in mini and also canisters with vintage labels too, they are very hard to find, so I'm thrilled to be able to make what I dream up! I hope you love them! .....



 Cookbooks and Canning ...always makes me happy :) Apple pie filling in a jar and caramel sauce? Yumm!



 A Fall hutch I made a couple weeks ago...I love white pumpkins! Simple and sweet!


 Apple cider too!


 Painting on glass is fun and new to me! 


And pink anything..... I love :)




 I told you, lol....(below) If it had a surface, I was gonna print on it LOL....Plus, I have always been a collector of bread boards and dishtowels, so my mini kitchens needed to have them too :)


Hmmm, this was supposed to be the "last" picture of the post... I would have said I made you some Cranberry Bread and I hope you love it...... which lol. despite it's place in the post? I still do! :)


A little peek into my cookbook....and a farmhouse style kitchen...



Ok and now onto another hutch I made....


and more of it.....

 and more....


 LOL, and I guess onto some more of my vintage inspired jars....



Time for an Apple Pie break..... :) These pictures out of order make me dizzy :)


 More canning....

 More of a hutch...




 and back to the items I made for a French inspired hutch last week....fresh flowers! Eventually they will dry pretty, but I love "little" real flowers!



And here is the French Hutch....I was inspired to make this after seeing a market in Paris (in a magazine) that featured these and it held flowers and lots of kitchen items, so I had to make one in mini!




Ok lol, I guess we are back to the printer.... I am making lots more of these, but I love little cupcakes on the cupcake stands!


WHEW!! That was nutty, so sorry.... :) I promise by next time I will have figured this new format out! So instead of home baked goods, I will leave you with more of the shabby pink kitchen buffet :)



Thank you again for always being such wonderful friends and followers! I hope you all have a lovely weekend ahead and Fall is treating you kindly!!!

Till next time, much LOVE!!

Hugs, Cynthia xox

14 comments:

Lucille said...

You're one of a kind, Cynthia! I feel such joy when I visit your cheerful blog which is filled with all the things I've always dreamed of. Your cookbook is on my wish list but knowing myself, I will probably make it a priority because my sanity is important to me and I think about this book every day. I would love to know the make of your new printer.

Cynthia's Cottage Design said...

Thank you so much Lucille! You're too sweet! I appreciate your kind words immensely! My printer is a laser printer by Xerox, it's wonderful! Have a great weekend sweetie! Hugs! Cynthia

Rosa said...

Cuantas cosas bellas que veo siempre en tu blog . Me encanta visitarte .
Un beso

sera xi's said...

Cynthia I love your work and your books. Congratulations. Your job is a inspiration for me. Thank you.

Auxi

Candy said...

They're so cute !! I love going to your blog and see all of the pretty things that you do:) Your work is an inspiration for me:)
Please, visit my blog and if you like it, follow it:)
Lots of hugs, Candy:)

Margaret said...

I love all your kitchen minis Cynthia, I would love them in my real kitchen too. Your pink kitchen dresser I reeeally love, so shabby chic. And I agree, white pumpkins are so gorgeous!

Lucille said...

Thanks, Cynthia. I'll look them up. I'm in the market for one at the moment. I just purchased a new computer and there are no drivers for my old printer that would make it compatible with my new computer.

Anonymous said...

Dear Cynthia,
Your newest blog post was delightful! Thank you so much for the thought and care that you put into your work and are then willing to share. I bought your mini cookbook for my iPad and have really enjoyed reading the recipes.
Continue to do what gives you joy,
Aloyce

Rossy said...

I hallucinate with your stuff! Have hands that God will take care of them. If you could tell me how to do transparent labels in jars? apology for my question. =P

miniacollection said...

I must say I enjoy your new book a lot. Your new post is really delightful with all these beautiful miniatures.
Geneviève

Just a little something from Judy said...

Cynthia, I opened the "Artful Blogger" magazine when I was on vacation and was so excited to see you featured in it. You are one of the most creative, artful bloggers ever and you deserve that honor. This post and every one is over the top beautiful! Thank you for continuing to blog in the midst of such a busy schedule. I love your things and cannot believe they are all miniatures.

{oc cottage} said...

i sooooooo agree with you about the new blogger format...YUCK! i am not really a person to do such things, but i HAD to provide my "feedback", that i wasn't super thrilled at working hard on a post only to have the finish product look like a toddler created it! grrrrrrr! i hope they get it together pretty quick!

m ^..^

elizabeth s said...

Long have I loved EVERYTHING that you have done!
It is girly without being too sugary and sophisticated without being stiff. Your foods are mouthwatering and your posts delightful. Love the French Kitchen it looks like something from Elle Decor. I'm a fan.

elizabeh

El mundo de PADI said...

Hermosos tus trabajos!! me encantan!!